News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Dual 1977s

Started by Turboba6, January 05, 2022, 11:03:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turboba6

Morning Folks, I recently purchased 2 1977 devilles, One Sedan De Ville 62,000orig mi and a Coupe DeVille 50,276orig miles.  I Also purchased a Factory Servive manual of course.  Several Questions:

1 . The Coupe has NO Taillights or Front Parking lights, Fuse is Good...Where to look first??
2.  They Both have Interior dash light problems, by playing with the switch I was able to get the Sedans working, but the Coupe had NO Interior dash lights, fuse good is there a Replacement for the dash mounted switch??
3.  They Both Need antennas, I see there some NOS ones (Expensive) floating around, by this time arent the Plastic cables in the NOS ones Bad/Brittlr from sitting on shelves for 44 years??

I'll post pics later, these are Both Mint Garage Queens!!

Big Fins

I would be starting at the headlight control switch first on both cars. That feeds the various circuits that you are having trouble with. May be as simple as a connection.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille