News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1941 Clutch Release Yoke Ball Stud

Started by E.Johnson, January 26, 2022, 11:41:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.Johnson

Seeking clutch release yoke ball stud, part #142 8964, fits 39-50,61; 40-50,52,60S,62,72; and 1941 through 1947.  Threads into aft face of bell housing from aft side.  Photo is of my part with damaged flange; may be able to reuse but would prefer to use an intact part.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Eric Johnson

Jamurray

Eric, I have one, but it's still in the bell housing. You don't need a whole bell housing, and I'm not wild about removing it. I hope you find one elsewhere, but if none appear for you, get back to me.

Jamurray

Try Bob Hoffmann. I'd be amazed if he doesn't have one.

The Tassie Devil(le)

Wouldn't take much to spin one up in a Lathe.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Jamurray

Bruce, I don't have many regrets in life, but not buying a lathe in my youth is one of them. It would have been smart to pick up a used drum and rotor turning lathe, too.

The Tassie Devil(le)

My trouble is that when I need something, and I see a future use for it, I buy it.   Maybe not new, as good used is almost as good.

My future trouble is when I get older, and need to seriously downsize, people will most likely not be wanting to use them themselves.   You should see my workshop.

Bruce. >:D

PS.   I like learning how to teach myself how to use the aforementioned tools, and thus far, they don't owe me anything.
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV