News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1964 Cadillac coupe deVille CAR FORSALE

Started by mldurocher, February 24, 2022, 09:46:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mldurocher

I have a 1964 Cadillac coupe deVille, electric seats and windows, it is all original and needs to be restored and i want to sell it. Has a knock in the engine but will start but don't recommend it, the body is beautiful, but paint is not, but the paint is the original. The dash, steering wheel, and back seats and headliner are mint the driver's upper seat slight wear passenger side nice. The body is 99 percent solid to include the frame the car is truly a time capsule found in a old women's garage after she died and i bought it to restore but have other things to do. I'm (WORKING ON A 57 SERIES 62), I'm Located in Pinconning MI. Im asking 5000 firm. Thank you. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1723528747854692/ CLEAN TITLE

Bryan J Moran

That driver's interior door panel is in very good condition from the one photo.

Although not to every one's taste, this one is set up my way - no A/C!  Just a simple heater and vents, A/C seldom works on these old cars and adds content to crowd the engine compartment. 

You might have Jason Edge put an ad in the 63-64 newsletter. 
CLC 35000 in number only

James Landi

Perhaps that knock is a very hung up lifter.   

mldurocher

I was guessing the same thing, because when i started it it didnt sound like a deep knock but a light hard knock on the passenger side. I bought the car 2 years ago and haven't touched it since, ive been working on a 1957 series 62 coupe that is almost done, if i dont sell it it will be next in line. but i just really want the space. It is a true time capsule and its beautiful.

James Landi

Michael,

You might try running a quart of Marvel Oil in the crank case at low rpm, and just let it run for a while.  Those hung lifters can sound ominous, but for us old geezers who owned and drove these cars "back in the day," we were used to having these knocks occur on occasion when an engine was cold and just starting and then disappear while driving. 

jwwseville60

Please post some photos.
Not all of us are on CIA-spy Facebook.
Thanks!
1960 Eldorado Seville, Copper, "IKE"
1961 CDV, gold, "Goldfinger"
1964 Eldorado, Turquoise, "Billy the Squid"
1963 De Ville Station Wagon Vista roof, silver blue, "Race Bannon"
1963 Fleetwood 60S, turquoise, "The Miami Special"
1959 Sedan Deville flat top, tan, "Jupiter-2"
1947 Caddy Sedanette 62, black, "Johnny Cash"
1970 ASC Fleetwood wagon, dark blue, "Iron Maiden"
Lifetime CLC

chrisntam

Quote from: jwwseville60 on March 07, 2022, 10:56:53 AM
Please post some photos.
Not all of us are on CIA-spy Facebook.
Thanks!

The link no longer works, it may have been sold or was pulled by the poster.
1970 Deville Convertible 
Dallas, Texas

mldurocher

Sorry i did pull the ad i still have the car.