News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Cadillac Experts in Spain

Started by Fernando, September 30, 2022, 07:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernando

Good evening everyone, I am looking for anyone who may guide me in finding Cadillac experts in Spain. Preferably Madrid.
We have a 1976 Eldorado that needs some repairing and I can't seem to find any mechanics that truly understand classic American cars (many workshops appear to be experts in classics, but they really only understand European cars).
Any information will be much appreciated!

The Tassie Devil(le)

G'day Fernando,

Welcome to the world of Cadillac ownership.

You really don't need a Cadillac expert.   Just someone who is prepared to realise that the Cadillac name is just a name, and that the internals of the car are exactly the same as every other car on the road, with the exception that the parts are larger, and is Spain, probably a lot larger, and things in different positions.   An engine is an engine, a Diff a Diff, Brakes are Brakes, and 12 volts travels through copper wires.

The first thing you need to get is the Factory Shop Manual, and find a mechanic that can actually read it, and follow instructions.   Plus, there are a lot of nice pictures in these Manuals.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Roger Zimmermann

In fact, there are people in Spain who are collecting Cadillac cars. At the last GE, I sat next to one of those people, but forgot his name. They are there, you must do your homework. There are four members from the Cadillac LaSalle club in Spain; you may be the fifth. As a member, you will have the address from those people. One is located in Barcelona; he has several Eldo models...
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101