News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

some type of scam

Started by fishnjim, October 18, 2022, 04:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishnjim

The post on the vacuum cleaner, is bogus.   I never respond to that they lifed one of my posts, so something is wrong here.   Besides, not within the CLC allowed topics?   
Should take it down immediately.

Piening2150

I reported the post even though it was old. The reply below your (faked) entry is also suspicious since it's their one and only post on the forum. I know I always go looking for vacuum cleaner pointers on an automotive site.
1961 Cadillac Sedan DeVille 6 window

The Tassie Devil(le)

Has been removed, and the original postor turned out to be a Spammer, as he had changed his IP address.

Jim, the person that posted after your "ghost" post is also being looked at.

I thought it odd that you would have posted your comment, so something is really weird.

Plus, I cannot fathom out how the initial post didn't get deleted as soon as it was posted, unless all the Moderators were asleep.

Thanks for sending the Report to Moderators.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

fishnjim

I've been under "attack" for a long time and one reason I had to quit the '58 owners club/yahoo.  Not the way I envisioned retirement.
I get pummeled with spam and phishing emails daily and inappropriate text messages.   I had one inappropriate CLC PM this summer, and deleted it.   
So might be time to move on, once again.   Every big hack job they got more and more of my info.  They even got my IRS info from the state.  The govt no longer does anything, they only worry about "big" stuff, not little people aka; hacker cannon fodder.  They closed the govt spam site and told me not to send anymore.  Last resort is Google.  Once they buckle, I'm lost.
Not your father's "internet".   I wonder if Gore takes credit for it now?

Michael Petti

I hear you about Yahoo, Facebook and others. I hope you don't leave. I look forward to your posts, because you obviously know what you are talking about. The information you have to impart is amazing. Sometimes it's more than someone like me can digest but the info is invaluable. I suggest getting a VPN if you have not already and stay off the public sites like Yahoo and Facebook. There are too many bad actors on them. I learned this from my kids. I, like you are from a different simpler age.  I signed up with a couple of groups on Facebook a couple of years ago, but rarely post now. The CLC site seems pretty well policed to me though, just be careful who you reach out to.  Hope we continue to hear from you in the future.