News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1957/58 Wiper Motor or parts?

Started by dn010, September 15, 2022, 12:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dn010

Does anyone by chance have any Trico vac wiper motor parts? I am in need of the "paddle shaft" as I discovered that the piece that connects the wiper motor paddle shaft to the wiper transmission shaft on the car, broke off the shaft on my wiper motor. I used to have three wiper motors worth of parts but sold them long ago thinking I'd never need anything, and look where I am now. Cheers for any help.
-----Dan Benedek
'57 Cadillac Sedan Deville 6239DX
'81 DMC DeLorean

Lexi

Off chance I may have some parts, but mid '50s and not sure if all the same. I do have some spare motors but believe all from a '56. Short of researching this not sure if the same. Will look for parts first. Clay/Lexi

dn010

Hi Clay, thank you for your reply. From the motors I've had in the past, there are two main differences that I noted. One is the configuration of the 'front plate' where the cable/switch attaches to the motor. They are different between  years but the remedy is to swap the plates with the one needed. The second difference I've noticed is most of the motors are 'slim' around 1.5" or so (guessing) while one motor I had was in the 2"+ range (again, estimating). The way they engage the wiper transmission on the car is the same 49-58 and then they went electric in 59. So basically, a 56 motor can be used by swapping the plate or the 56 paddle shaft can be used as long as it is the 'slim' version. I will get an accurate measurement this evening. Thanks again.
-----Dan Benedek
'81 DMC DeLorean

fishnjim

https://rebuildingtricowipers.com
Ficken may have, so he's the first stop/call.

ps: I have a '58 motor, I converted to "e", so if you jam up, PM me.  I don't know what shape it's in, except whole, as it wasn't functioning when I got the car, but vacuum issues, then.   

M. Bankes

Hi,
I have a complete motor, it's a core type of part if that interests you
Thanks
Michael

dn010

Now that the car and I have survived hurricane Ian, I'm back to this project. I was on track to weld the bracket back to the "paddle", when the paddle fell out of my vice and hit the concrete floor. Now the material that seals the paddle to the motor is broken in chunks and I'm forced to replace the whole thing. Michael, I'll send you a PM to see what you have. Clay, if you come across any of your pieces/parts, let me know.
-----Dan Benedek
'81 DMC DeLorean

Lexi

Dan I have not forgot, but got tied up shipping stuff and in the middle of it had some computer issues. I see in my parts list that I have a box of wiper related parts though. Plan on getting to my parts storage this week or on the weekend where I can then pull that box. Clay/Lexi

Lexi

dn010

-----Dan Benedek
'81 DMC DeLorean

Lexi

Got it. Thanks. Pics sent via email. Clay/Lexi