News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Movie with 40s Cadillacs

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, October 01, 2022, 10:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Tonight, I saw a RKO movie, (The Falcon's Adventure.) I'd been surfing the Web and saw a couple of movies that were supposed to have 1941 Cadillac convertibles in them. I'd seen one, but not the one above. It starts out with the "Falcon" and his cohort sitting on the street in what turns out to be a 1942 Cream or light grey Cadillac convertible. But, a few scenes further along, it suddenly changes to a 1941 light colored convertible. And then back to the 1942. It is used in a chase scene along a highway and almost wrecks a 1939 Buick Limited sedan.

The locale changes to Miami, and it appears that they are driving a 1941 Lincoln convertible in a long shot, which morfs to a 1941 Mercury convertible. Oh, and while they were on the train to Miami, the loco was a streamlined PRR K-4 which basically went East and West, not North & South like you'd need to go to Florida.

Then, (Sue), the bad guys show up driving a 1942 Cadillac Series 67. There are several nice shots of each car, and it's worth the $2.99 charge from Amazon and almost worth it to have to sit through the inane plot.

The other movie was a Mickey Rooney race car movie and his girl drives the '41 Cadillac. The scrap of paper with the title is in the family room and I'll alter the post to include it in the morning. Enjoy.

The other movie is The Big Wheel.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

39LaSalleDriver

Barry,

Have you seen this?

https://www.imcdb.org/movies.php?l=en

You can search for specific cars and it will bring up tons of listings and photos. I wouldn't say it's comprehensive, but it sure has a lot. I find myself constantly referring to it when I am watching old movies such as the one you reference.
Jon Isaacson

1939 LaSalle 5019

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Yes, I have, and the reference to the cars this time was on a car for sale, or 1941 Cadillac pictures in general. So, I didn't go to the place you mentioned. But thanks, as it needs to be brought back up now and then so newcomers can catch it.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville