News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1950 331 oil filler cap needed

Started by jenna snacks, November 07, 2022, 03:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenna snacks

Hello all,

Does anybody know where I might be able to find this part? The inside is completely rusted out. I'm not having much luck on the internet and any leads would be much appreciated. McVeys and Caddydaddy don't have them.

-Jenna-
CLC 33940

IMG_9111.jpeg
IMG_9112.jpeg 

PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

I got one for my 54 from McVeys.

M. Bankes

I've got a used one if that help, not perfect but usable

Roger Zimmermann

I still have one from McVey if you prefer a new one.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

dn010

These caps were used from 50 through and past 60 I believe so they are plentiful. There are multiple on eBay in varying condition right now.
-----Dan Benedek
'57 Cadillac Sedan Deville 6239DX
'81 DMC DeLorean

Lexi

These caps were used for several years as Dan noted. One thing that may have changed was the maintenance sticker. New stickers I believe are still available. The old Mid-Century Cadillac group noted that at least one vendor mis-identified the sticker they sold for a particular year of Caddy. So do your homework if you obtain a replacement cap and shop for a "period" re-popped sticker. Clay/Lexi