News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1979 Seville $8,500 Not Mine Iowa Located

Started by Bryan J Moran, November 21, 2022, 09:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan J Moran

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3406804399605984/?hoisted=false&ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A526318fa-6b1b-4811-a75b-5c76ce255cc8

Not a dealer car. 

Seller's Description
$8500 OBO

Very good condition, garage stored and covered.

Original miles -- 88,000

Power everything, 350 V8 (5.7), fuel injected, new fuel system (fuel pumps and lines), new spark plugs, MSD distributor cap, rotor, and wires, and new battery. Key fob – remote start.

Factory leather interior (excellent condition), headliner, spotless carpet, spotless trunk, original space saver spare tire, jack, user manual, & service manual.

No rust undercarriage, minimal body blemishes, padded vinyl top.
CLC 35000 in number only

Bryan J Moran

This is a color I like a lot, to me it looks like a light or medium Bronze.

Not sure on price.  It is not worth it to restore, so it's driver class.  I believe an in person inspection would yield a bit more small wear to the body and I would inspect the possible rust under the vinyl top. Seller is generally being very careful on his photo choices, with the one exception on the B Pillar.

I would say this would be a good $6,000 car.  I would also like to know the condition of the A/C. Probably "just needs a charge". 
CLC 35000 in number only

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Appears to have been repainted above the pinstripe as the color is clearly off. Not surprising as Cedar Firemist is a difficult color to match, as most metallics are.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

79 Eldorado

Bryan,
You, or someone else, posted this same car before. I wonder if it's the same owner or if it changed hands. I would say I saw this same car within the past year with the same photos.

Scott

Bryan J Moran

Thanks Scott. I have a decent memory but surely may have missed it.  I have been posting a few Sevilles lately but do not recall that color. 
CLC 35000 in number only

79 Eldorado

I was certain it was the same car when I saw the one photo with unpainted rust on the "B" pillar but I also remembered the photos of that bridge-like over structure which I now guess is some part of a parking structure. Maybe I could find it if I searched but I literally only see these cars for sale listed on this site unless someone happens to bring them up in the wrong section of CadillacForums... I'm 99% sure I saw it here though.

No big deal really but it would be interesting to know if it changed hands between then and now. I like the car and I like some of the "mechanicals" more than my Eldorado, mostly the essentially bullet proof TH400, but while I like both cars overall I like the look of the Eldo more and my collection needs to be reduced so I cannot even think of another car. I wish I could "save" them all.

Scott