News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible turn signal flasher unit problem.

Started by billyoung, January 22, 2023, 11:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billyoung

Hello,
I recently purchased a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and the turn signal flasher unit and 2 wire connector pigtail seem to be missing. When I activate the 4 way flashers from the button on the steering column they work correctly and that flasher unit is on the top of the fuse panel. With the key on when I activate left or right turn signal from the lever nothing. When the headlight switch is pulled out both left and right cornering lights light correctly from the turn signal lever but no signals. I have a Non T and T column. I have removed the cover from below the column and cannot find the turn signal flasher unit nor the connector. Where should the two wires and connector come from ? Why this is missing ? Help. Please.

Sincerely, Bill Young   863 978 6452
Age 68, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.