News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

XM radio users

Started by Davidinhartford, February 08, 2010, 07:31:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davidinhartford

So I am enjoying my new DTS and the XM radio.    I have to admit I've been on channel 71 alot and relaxing to the smooth Jazz.   Especially on the rush hour drive home.    What are your favorite XM channels to cruise with?

Brett Cottel

I'm a little more of the rocker type.....classic rewind, boneyard, spectrum, 70, 80's on channel 7 & 8, etc, etc. I seem to jump all around these days as I notice the individual channels seem to play the same stuff over and over....why do radio station do that? drives me nuts......one the best stations I'd ever hear was when I was in Vancouver, BC.  Wish I could find that station now.
Brett
1955 Cadillac Meteor Combination Coach
CLC #27535
Pic's at http://s981.photobucket.com/albums/ae293/brettcottel/

Davidinhartford

Quote from: Brett Cottel on February 08, 2010, 11:37:53 PM
I'm a little more of the rocker type.....classic rewind, boneyard, spectrum, 70, 80's on channel 7 & 8, etc, etc. I seem to jump all around these days as I notice the individual channels seem to play the same stuff over and over....why do radio station do that? drives me nuts......one the best stations I'd ever hear was when I was in Vancouver, BC.  Wish I could find that station now.
Brett

yeah, I have channels 7 and 8 on my presets already too.    I'm still exploring the channels.   The more XM stations I find, the more FM ones are getting bumped off the Favs presets.  LOL.    I'm 44 years old, so the eighties music is a flashback for me.  There is some good stuff on Channel 9 from time to time as well.

Kevin M. Parkinson

I like that 4 through 9 are always available with each decade.  If I had to pick five favorites they would be (in no particular order) 7, 8, 9, 81, and 83.  The first three because, like David, at 37 years old they are flashback channels for me.  The last two are good driving music but seem to play better music on Frday and Saturday nights.
1925 V-63B Custom Suburban
1941 Series 6719
1956 Fleetwood 75 Imperial Sedan
1967 Sedan deVille
1968 Sedan deVille
1972 Fleetwood 75 Sedan
1972 S&S Cadillac Victoria Hearse Senior #779
1980 Fleetwood Limousine
1996 Sedan deVille
2006 DTS 1SD
2018 CT6 3.0TT Platinum
2018 Escalade ESV

Richard Sills

Channel 5 -- great 50s music, including a lot of songs I haven't heard in years.  

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

Dare I say what I used when it was still active on the car? (We're not in it long enough to subscribe to it...) Comedy channels, and the old time radio shows. When you have to imagine what was going on in your mind. "Return with us now, to the thrilling days of yesteryear...From out of the past come the thundering hoof beats of the great horse, Silver. "The Lone Ranger rides again!!!"

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

I have Sirius/XM (before the merger, I had XM) at home and in the car and my favorite Channel is Escape/28: Tijuana Brass, Twin Pianos of Ronnie Aldrich, Anne Murray, Linda Ronstadt, Perry Como, Hollyridge Strings, John Denver, etc.  I also like Symphony Hall and Pops and Radio Classics which plays old radio programs. The only objection I have to the service is that most of the non-music channels have commercials.

dan reed

Don't ask me to remember the channel numbers, but some of my my presets are: 

Blues channel (great blues artists spanning the last 50 years)
Deep tracks (they play great tunes rarely heard from the best classic rock bands from the 60s, and 70s)
1940s channel (great channel to hear classic big bands like Duke Ellington, Glenn Miller, Count Basie, etc.)
Jam-On (another great station to hear rare cuts from great bands you don't hear on top 40, like Tower of Power, Phish, The Meters, etc.)
I also bounce over to a few of the harder edge rock too from time to time and catch bands like Sound Garden, and Clutch. I also check out Classic Jazz from time to time.

When I've had my full of music I listen to some of the talk radio stations and catch people like Mark Levin, Bill O'Riley, Ed Shultz.

My wife's car is has Sirius radio and I have it here in my office/studio.

Dan

Barry Norman

Alternative Nation, XMU, and of course, THE KING OF ALL MEDIA--Howard Stern !!
Barry Norman

J

18-elvis radio of course, 41,  4-9 and some soul 61-63
Cadillac got me!!!

David Greenburg

I've got a removable head unit in the car with a second base unit wired into the garage stereo.  I'm mostly an older rock/alt rock/blues guy, so its often 74 (Bluesville), 44 (First Wave), 47 (Alt Nation), 86 (the Joint-reggae), 40 (Deep Tracks) or 46 (Classic Rock).  But what got me started with XM, and the best thing about it, at least for 6 months of the year, is baseball - any game you want.  Few things more relaxing than a sunny Sunday afternoon, working on the Caddy with a good ball game on in the garage.  Also,   its fascinating to listen to all the different broadcasters around the country.

David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Davidinhartford

Great feedback guys!     I like all kinds of music, so I will be sure to check out some of the channels you have listed. 

mario

sirius channel 53 "soul town" it is listed as "hip-hop, but it is old motown.

ciao,
mario

Jerry Chase

I'm planning of getting XM for my long-distance car.

I anticipate that my favorite channel will be the 1940s channel:  big bands, good jazz, real musicianship.

I sure wish that shows would cease from "pumping" 1960s teeny-bopper MUSAK at us ad nauseum   And I
am only 62!

Really:  if you can't go to shows that have NO musak and NO p. a. systems, then go somewhere else or stay home.
If the old cars are not enough, then you don't really like old cars:  simple as that!

Jerry

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

I like the decade channels (40's, 50's, 60's) and the Elvis and Sinatra channels.  I've been
an Elvis fan since the 50's and played in a dance band (alto sax and clarinet) through college
that featured "big band" music so my tastes run across the whole spectrum.

XM is a great invention!

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

tom eisner CLC 18396

Who needs a Satellite radio. When I drive any of my older cars with AM radio early in the morning or late at night , I pull in every station you can think of. Problem is they all come in at the same time........but it's free!   :D
1964 Eldorado
1966 Fleetwood Brougham
1968 Eldorado
1978 Eldorado Custom Biarritz
1985 Seville
1993 Allante
2007 XLR
It's a sickness

"Cadillac Kid" Greg Surfas 15364

I have three cars with the original 8-tracks that work fine.  You can't beat an old Bob Seeger  album for nostalgia.
Greg
Cadillac Kid-Greg Surfas
Director Modified Chapter CLC
CLC #15364
66 Coupe deVille (now gone to the UK)
72 Eldo Cpe  (now cruising the sands in Quatar)
73 Coupe deVille
75 Coupe deElegance
76 Coupe deVille
79 Coupe de ville with "Paris" (pick up) option and 472 motor
514 inch motor now in '73-