News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1950 Hydro Electric Pump

Started by Jim CLC #15034, August 12, 2004, 10:14:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim CLC #15034

How many years did they used the same model Hydro-Electric pump for the power windows on a 1950 60S 4 door Cadillac?? When I bought my car the pump was off and the previous owner sent it down to the rebuilder in Florida having it returned stating that it could not be rebuilt. I am need of a good pump so I can get my windows and divider window working in the car.Thanks for any information and leads!!!!Jim

Archie Calise

Yeah,
Ive been doing a lot of research and thats correct.  50 and 51 had a type A "moraine motovator" pump ( the straight up and down one), and a type B pump which is the "perpendicular "vane" type pump.  My guy is in the process of rebuilding my vane pump right now.  He seems confident that hell be able to do it.  Hydro-elelctric in Florida wont touch the "vane" pump for whatever reason.  Actually, its quite a simple mechanism, and theres no reason that it cant be refurbished with a little patince and ingenuity.   Oh well.....Im keeping my fingers crossed....
Arch
clc17647