News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cadillac Pickup Conversions

Started by Ray Ussery, August 24, 2004, 12:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Ussery

I have reciently aquired a 69 Fleetwood Pickup. It is NOT a "Flower Car" but a VERY Good PROFESSIONAL conversion. Is there any information out there regarding WHO did these conversions in this era? it was proably done in Southern California as the car was purchased from a Berverly Hills Dealership prior to the conversion. Thanks for any help you may have on the subject. I LOVE my "Cadtruk".
Ray

Danny

I have one of those. Mine is a 72 Eldorado conversion. I have not been able to find outy too much on them but they really are cool. Can you email a pic of yours? Thanks

Rhino 21150

There is a fellow here in Greensboro who has a 1972 SDV conversion. He bought it modified in 1990 and did his own restoration around 1998. Absolutely gorgeous! He owned a car lift retail shop and played with Caddys for years> He went blind about four years ago and I lost track of him, so sad. BTW, down South, Cadillac Pickups are called "Caddyups". The hearse with the straight drive that lives near here is the "Four Speed Stiff Shifter".
I couldnt find anything on Cadillac pickup conversions on Google.

Brian Campbell

The 77/78 Eldorado El Caminos are sharp cars.

denis62

hey ray.
I know its an old post but do you still have the 69 Fleetwood pickup?
would love to see picks.
bought a 70 DeVille pickup. looking for info

thanx

Steve Passmore

Not only is this post 13 years old Dennis but the OP and his replies were all Geusts who may never have visited the forum again  ???
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

The Tassie Devil(le)

The reference to Guests stems from one of the Internet Provider changeovers that occurred over the years.

The posts were retained for posterity and for the information they contained.

Any of the current regular users will still have the "Guest" title under their names for those old dates.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon