News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Jeff...20 posts a page...

Started by David #19063, January 09, 2005, 08:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David #19063

Jeff,

Is it possible to have more than 20 posts a page?

I have dial up, but would like to see 30, 40, or 50 so I have less pages to open.

Thanks for all your work.

David

Robt.Vonheck -via SunDiego Calif.

-Diddo, and heres a second to the motion, ---all in agreement say aye... ~Bob vH

Steve Crum 20999

Im on dial up also. I didnt count the number of posts on my 1st page but it must be at least 120. Ive got at least a dozen topics plus the Porter fiasco all on the first page.

Michael Stamps 19507

The limit right now is set to twenty threads (its all what you call it) but post per thread on the current first page ranges from one to eighty.

Stampie

Porter

Since the rulemeisters have changed the rules.

In all seriousness change is always required for improvement.

The Cadillac Marquee is strong and getting stronger, likewise interest in old vintage Cadillacs.

For most of us it is still the "Standard of The World".

Cadillac has regained its focus, shoot for the top,number one, the finest autos in luxury and performance.

Got Fins ?

Porter

Johnny

First we are treated to thread of posts about how posts get off topic, that thread is locked, and now we have posts about the posts about the off topic post.  Someday people will learn to let sleeping dogs lie, and that eventually annoying things will just go away, rather then trying to make them go away.......

Steve Crum 20999

Johnny

Over the last few years, I frequent a few message boards on a regular basis of varied interests, such as films, investing, sports etc., and I have noticed a common thread (no pun intended) among everyone of them.  Every topic starts off smoothly enough, with threads sticking with the original topic, but just as in real life, the dialogues start to go over the place.  It is at this point, the debates come out on message board etiquette and rules.  Inevitably a minority stands up in righteous indignation as to how "rules" are being broken, and the "board" is slipping into decay!  To me these are the same type of people that complain about Howard Stern, the trash on TV etc.  If you dont like something on the public airwaves, or the internet, that is "FREE", then simply turn off your radio, TV and delete or passover threads that annoy you.

Keep in mind message boards are "For entertainment purposes only"

Al Smith

Everyone wants the opportunity to fumigate thier wisdom.
Al

Jeff Hansen, #4225

Our "issues" here are not unique.  I read a number of other message forums and the same types of things pop up on those forums, too.  

As an example, one of the model railroading forums I visit occassionally apparently had a number of ongoing discussions that had deteriorated into a nasty bout of name calling.  The owner of that forum, a magazine publisher, took all the forum members to task for not practicing civility and proper etiquette.  As they put it, "youve been warned".

We have good folks who frequent our forum.  Sure, we squabble from time to time, who doesnt?  Intended tone and body language are not discernable in the written word, so flare ups will occur.  I accept that.  Some of us are as different as night and day, but we share a love for Cadillacs and LaSalles.  That common bond will keep us going.

Jeff

Jeff Hansen, #4225

David,

Ill consider a raise to 30 per page as a test if there is a general consensus to that.

What does everyone think?

Jeff

David #19063

Jeff,

That was well said!  (Sometimes humour and wit does not translate well in the written word.)

And in fact...some of us have night when other members have day...as we are truely global.

That is cool that we have members from all over the world.

But what I do not understand...is why Bruce does not fall off the Earth as he is near the bottom of the Earth?

I mean, doesnt he get tired from having to hang on all the time?

LOL!

David

David #19063

Jeff,

Yes, I think that would be good...if more people than me buy in.

I did notice it was slower with that 80 string message in there as I am on dial up.  

So 30 maybe a good place to start/finish because if there are a lot of large strings, loading may slow down.

I appreciate that you are always willing to take the extra time to improve this forum.

David

Michael Stamps 19507

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

David,

Yes, we in the Southern Hemisphere are "hanging" on by our fingertips, but when we do "fall off", you will only hear about it the next day as we are so far ahead, one day to be precise.

But, I am still having trouble with trying to place bets on your races when they wont broadcast the results until after they have been run in the Northern Hemisphere.

One thing good about being here is that when we fly the 12,000 miles to USA, it only takes a couple of hours, but travelling the other way takes a couple of days.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Rhino 21150

30 is a good number. I am also dialup, which is another reason I use Firefox. Its faster than I.E.

David #19063

Lynn 10923

and I cant say that I noticed the 80 post thread being slower, even though I am a poor dial up goob.

Lynn

Johnny

Quote from: Rhino 2115030 is a good number. I am also dialup, which is another reason I use Firefox. Its faster than I.E.

I just found out about Firefox a week ago, and its really great.

David #19063

What is Firefox?

David