News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

71-72 Eldo Owners: Request for measurement

Started by Rich Sullivan CLC #11473, January 13, 2005, 10:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

Ive finally obtained the front fender lamp monitors (and fiber optic cables) to have retro-fitted to my 71 Eldorado (it did not have this option). Could someone describe the number of inches from the leading edge of fender, and distance down from the crest of fender, so that I can provide the information to the body shop for positioning them, so they will be correctly installed? Im not sure if this is in the body shop manual (my copy is at the shop). Thank you.

Randy Manus #8533

I just did this same exact thing this last weekend, what a small world.  I took the lamp moniters off my 72 Eldorado parts car and put them on my 71 before I took it to get painted Monday.  It was kind of a trickey install to get them to fit flush with the fender.  The original fenders on the 72 have a large hole cut out of them because the fiber optics have stick through the fender.  The only thing is I threw away all my notes and diagrams after I was done.  I had traced the opening and bolt holes and made a pattern for the holes.  If you want I can maybe come up with them again and fax them to you, or if you just need the distance from the front of the fender to the first hole I can get that for you also.

Randy Manus

Rich Sullivan CLC #11473

Thank you! Ive sent you an e-mail to find out the measurements, etc.