News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

need suggestions on selling 59 parts on ebay

Started by Joe Meneghin, January 14, 2005, 10:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Meneghin

well, happy new year guys!  Havent been posting for a few months, been busy with some projects in the house.  

Heres my question.  I bought a 59 coupe for a parts car for my 60 convertible.  Obviously, I have some parts that are not interchangeable from the parts car, or I dont need them.

My questions are for the 59 coupe, what would be fair prices to start the decklid, rear windshield, passenger side door shell with window frame w good glass.  and complete front bumper on ebay for.  All of these large items will be marked local pickup only, I am about 1 hour south of NYC.

Also, one other question, I havent had a chance to check them and today is freezing rain so I am not going to, but Im assuming the rear side windows from the 59 coupe are different than a 60 convertible.  

Thanks in advance, and a prosperous healthy new year to you all.

Dennis J. DiNorcia

I have bought and sold over 500 items on eBay (Have over 360 positive feedbacks) My experience is that if you start it low you will attract more bidders. Of course you run the risk of letting it go cheap if there are not too many bidders but I dont see that happening with 59 parts. I tried to sell some rare AM 8-Track Mopar radios and started them high with a reserve and they did not sell. On the other hand, I saw the same radios listed with low opening bids and no reserve and they sold for $400.00 to $600.00. You need to feel the market also. For weeks there were no Mopar radios on eBay. As soon as I listed mine about six popped up and there goes the demand for mine. Competition can kill the sale also. Just give a fair description, dont start too crazy, and Im sure you will sell your parts and make a fair price. Good Luck.