News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

59 & 60 front ends

Started by Richard, January 15, 2005, 12:21:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

Can anyone confirm for me that the front ends (hood, fender) from a 4 door 59 or 60 fits the same year 2 door. In other words can I use 4 door parts on my 2 door? Thanks

Bill Hedge

I have always assumed that the 59 and 60 fenders were interchangeable.  However, (assuming that I am reading my Hollander Interchange Manual correctly) the 59 and 60 are not interchangeable.   However I am not sure what is the difference in the fenders since they appear to be the same.  

CAVEAT:  Although the 59 fenders fit all of the various 59 models, you should be aware that there is a difference.  I have a 59 Sedan De Ville.  When I restored my 59 Sedan De Ville I looked for replacement fenders since my front fenders had rust through at the usual place behind the front wheel.  I purchased a nice set of 59 Fleetwood fenders.  I did not use these fenders because there are trim holes for the Fleetwood trim that the Sedan De Ville does not have.  My body man explained to me that he could weld the holes shut.  However, he indicated that these holes are at a location where it would be difficult to obtain a straight line after the body work.  Therefore, although theocratically, the 59 Fleetwood fenders would fit Coupe DeVille, Series 62, and Sedan DeVile models, there may be practical reasons why you do not want use them.  As a result, I have a very nice set of 59 fenders that I would let go for $125.00 each plus shipping.

The Hollander Interchange manual indicates that the 59 and 60 hoods are interchangeable.

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Richard,

In a word, Yes.  

The front ends (and everything else from the firewall forward) are the same for the Sedan and Coupe and Convertible on either models.

There will be some trim holes that will differ between the Deville and 60 series, and the Eldorado and Seville as well.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV