News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1977 Eldorado Biarritz Spare Canister

Started by Randall Ayers McGrew CLC # 17963, January 17, 2005, 08:24:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randall Ayers McGrew CLC # 17963

Where can you get a new spare tire infation canister?  Mine was used just before I bought the car and cannot be refilled (by law apparently).

Johnny

Quote from: Randall Ayers McGrew CLC  # 17963Where can you get a new spare tire infation canister?  Mine was used just before I bought the car and cannot be refilled (by law apparently).

Why not just put a full size tire and wheel in the trunk.  I believe it was an option in 77

Oh sure...go the EASY route!  HAH!   Well...because I like the idea; it saves space (even though the trunk is big enough for a family of 5) and its a cool idea.  Not to mention it works.  :)

OK, this may not help any of you but I thought I would let you know what I found out.

A.  Cadillac does not carry these canisters any more.

However, I found that a local salvage yard, Arapaho Auto Salvage, deals only with Cadillacs and has the canister in bulk.  They are $45.00 a piece.
Now I know shipping is expensive but should anyone want this yards address, they have been very helpful, so here it is.

Arapaho Auto Salvage Yard
2101 West Quincy St.
Englewood, CO 80110

Phone: 1-303-781-0875

Fax: 1-303-781-2238

File it away as another resource!!!

Johnny

Quote from: Randall Ayers McGrew CLC  # 17963Oh sure...go the EASY route!  HAH!   Well...because I like the idea; it saves space (even though the trunk is big enough for a family of 5) and its a cool idea.  Not to mention it works.  :)

It wasnt that cool of an idea back then, thats why the manufacturers went to the spare "doughnuts".  If I got a flat, I would rather have a full spare, then hope that a cannister works and will will blow up my spare tire!

Adam Shapiro

These canisters are dangerous and shouldnt be shipped.

Michael Stamps 19507

They had to be shipped at some point in their life.  With the proper steps taken Im sure they can be shipped safely.

Stampie