News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Electrical problems - 99 Deville

Started by Jon Miller, January 17, 2005, 06:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Miller

Ive been having electrical problems with my 1999 Cadillac Deville that the servicing dealer cant locate.

Sometimes it wont start. Sometimes when it does start, the Air conditioner/heater automatically comes on. There has been an occasion when both headlight switches have been completely off and the headlights turn on.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

David #19063

Jon,

Does you car have the digital dash?

We had this problem with our 96 Deville Concours.

The dealer could not find it but another quality local shop did.

Our problem was in the digital dash, the cluster had to be replaced.  This solved the problem.

For the 96 Cadillacs, there is a service bulletin regarding no starting and the digital dash connections.

By the way, even under warranty, Cadillac does not give you a new dash, usually you get a remamnufactured one.

If you cannot find the service bulletin number for the 99s, let me know I I will look on my list for 96s.

Good luck.

David

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

How about that "Catastrophic Compressor Failure..Debris Removal"?..that must be a interesting one for the driver and any nearby pedestrians to experience. That list seems longer than the record-breaking ones during the HT4100 era.