News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cadillac 429 C.I. Rocker Arms / Shafts

Started by Gary, January 20, 2005, 08:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Lynn

Which year of 429 is this? Some of them used a different rocker arm setup.

Lynn

Chris McBride

Gary,

a member of the 63-64 club once responded to a similar post:

"You can buy them from Terrill Machine in DeLeon Texas, 254 893 2610 . They have very prices and the quality is very good. Rocker arm shafts: $23.00 ea., Rocker arms: $8.00 ea."

I dont know the vendor nor have I purchased any product(s) from it.  I do know, however, that ther person who posted the message is very meticulous about his parts.

Good luck.

Chris McBride

Gary

Joe

No problem with the shafts from Terrill. BUT carefully compare the drilled oil holes in the new rockers with the originals before installing. They may be undersized, and a slightly different angle. Use a set of drill bits for a size gage. If the are undersized, better ream them larger. If the angle is wrong, and theyre undersized to boot, they dont pass as much oil as the GM originals. And you may have to replace them again sooner than you think....I did.