News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

76 door handle buttons

Started by densie 20352, February 03, 2005, 04:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

densie 20352

The door handle buttons on my 76 are sticking in and I have to pull on them to pop them back out.  I tried squirting some WD40 into the buttons and that didnt help.  Do I have to take the door panel off to fix it?

-densie

Porter 21919

I had my door handles removed on my 66, grab handle with the push button (similar to 76 ?) for the paint job.

My memory is a little fuzzy but there is an actual spring within the handle mechanism. The push button part will slide right out.

Possibly your spring is shot, pretty sure you would have to remove the door panel and then the handle.

HTH,

Porter

Mike #19861

Yes, you will have to remove the door panel. As Porter says, there is a spring in there that can break, or the pivot on the rod can seize up. Lubrication should fix that. But in any event, you have to access the handle from the rear to assess the situation.

Mike