News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

back to sandblasting

Started by joe meneghin, February 11, 2005, 08:43:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe meneghin

Well, looks like a high of 43 f today, time to get back to sandblasting.  God, what a filthy dirty job.  I figure if I do the worst part of the restoration first, it should all seem like downhill later.

Randall Ayers McGrew CLC # 17963

Good luck on that nasty job, Joe.   I will be thinking of you.  We have to pull and engine and transmission today out of Jonathans racer....oh joy.  I doubt anything will get done on the 56 this weekend.

Question :  If you have the equipment, can you or would you use another media like plastic beads?  I know baking soda is a hellish mess but I have heard that the media is easier and does not pit metal or chrome.  All heresay of course.

Let us know how it is going.

Steve Preston #16375

Glass bead is softer on the parts but make sure that you wear a breathing mask. That stuff is nasty in the nose & lungs. Also if you get any on the floor, sweep it up right away. Ive ended up on my butt because I didnt know it was on the garage floor!