News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

75 old cars in Central NJ

Started by Joe Meneghin, February 16, 2005, 07:58:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Meneghin

I met a guy thru an ad in Hemmings about 4 months ago, I purchased my 59 parts car and got what I thought was a good deal.
Im passing on this info so perhaps at least one old car gets a new lease on life.  

The name of the Business is Chris Auto Body,  they are on Rt. 179 in Lambertville.  The have about 75 at the least old cars behind the shop.  He probably still has a few mid 60s thru 70s cadillacs.  He also had a lot of nice old Lincolns including a Lincoln Zephyr.  Because this is not a junk yard, alot of the old stuff seems to be mostly complete.  He will sell you parts, but I think he prefers to sell complete cars.  

Couple things before I give out the # so as to avoid any unpleasant situations.  

DO NOT show up without an appointment.  You need to talk to Chris Sr, aka Chris Affleck.  Be patient in trying to reach him, He has no answering machine, and alot of times is not at his desk. His direct line is 609-397-9045.  If he has to get back to you, be patient.  It took him a few days to get back to me to tell me the floor in the 59 was solid.  You can leave a message with his son or one of the guys in the shop, the number is 609-397-1803.  Dont ask the employees or the son about the old cars,
theyre only going to refer you to the old man.

And if one you do buy something, I would hope you would post some pictures and tell us what you bought.  

One other thing too,  its "officially" not for sale, but the old man gave his son a 59 eldorado convertible that he said the son was not doing anything with.  Maybe the status on that car has changed since October of 2004.

And if you happen to be passing by Toms River on your way to the shop, pick me up, Ill go for the ride.

Matt V16

I know Chris and the best time to tour this yard is in the early spring as you would guess..  Chris is a very nice person to talk to.. The first time I went to his yard, I spent the whole day just talking to him and looking at all the cars and trucks.. That was a very nice day.. This neat place is worth a look and there are many Cadillacs in this yard.. You feel like you are lost in time out in the back woods looking at about one hundred old cars out back with maybe another 30 inside the barns..  Call him first or you may not get in..  Do not forget to photograph the yard if you can.. There are trees growing right through some of the older cars and trucks.. Many of the cars have been there for 30 years or more.