News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Bicentennial Eldorado

Started by Lewis Schwartz, February 28, 2005, 07:30:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lewis Schwartz

To all CLC Members,Cadillac hobbyist and collectors,

I am in the process of putting together a top shelf web site and registry on the 1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Eldorado Bicentennial Convertible. As many of you know, these were the last 200 of the 14,000 that were produced. Since next year, 2006, will be the 30th Anniversary of these last of their kind Dinosaurs, I thought this only appropriate.

I have secured a proper Domain name and have quite a bit of info on these fine autos, but I need your help.

I need a picture(s) of the Clark Avenue Assembly Plant where these beasts were produced, any known print ads of the last 200, inter office memos, notes, details of their creation from the top brass at Cadillac, anything YOU think will help tell their tale. Some of you may have helped build these autos or know of someone who did. I would love to include them in this site. The more I can compile the better.

I am looking for ALL the Bicentennial owners, their cars body plate and serial numbers along with name, address and club affliation if any. If you would like to remain anonymous that is fine, maybe just the plate and serial numbers along with the state you have your prize located in. This will be an ongoing process.  

Infomation is what we are in need of now.
Once I have compiled the needed additional info and pictures to get the site up and running, I will have a press release and pass the web address of the new site on to everyone.

Any info you may have or know of someone that may, would be greatly appreciated and will help preserve a small part of Cadillac history for all to enjoy.

The purpose of this site is very straightforward, locate and document the last 199, (200 is owned by GM), get a registry going to help owners track, buy or sell their Bicentennial, share info and of course enjoy the hobby. This will be a totally free site, no outside advertising, no pop ups and all that bull.

Just a note on myself, I own body plate number 13838 and belong to the Cadillac-LaSalle Club. I also own a few other limited production cars and will be working on sites for them as well. No profit motive or anything like that, just a good, clean, fun site to share our passion.

Do you have one of these Last of the Breed ?

Who knows, maybe we can have a gathering of these fine automobiles. We will sure need a lot of room!

Thanks for your help and I look forward to your response.

Lewis Schwartz
2060 Fisher Trail NE
Atlanta, GA 30345
lhs36@aol.com
404-634-2630
CLC#21703