News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

When was the end of the guidematic headlight system?

Started by Jamie Smith #21103, March 01, 2005, 03:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie Smith #21103

Of all the options Cadillac has offered I am most fascinated by the autronic eyes and the later guidematic. Ofcourse, as luck would have it the one option my 81 SDV doesnt have is the guidematic system. I do know that they werent incredibly effective and that most people just dont use the option. What year did Cadillac finally abandon or have they abandoned this option and was it anymore effective in later years than they were originally? In looking over the options list in a Cadillac book I have it seems that they offered it atleast through the late 80s.

Thanks
Jamie Smith #21103

Randall McGrew CLC # 17963

Jamie, I am not absolutely sure when that was, I think 1978 or 1979.  My 1977 Eldorado has it and I LOVE it.  I know it switches when the light hits signs and the road on dips, but that does not bother me in the least.  I use it all the time, as I do the twilight sentinal.  Fortunately, the original owners never turned it on!  Its like new at 96000 miles.  I think these conveniences were what made luxury cars special.  Like the light monitor system.  Neat, simple and effective.