News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

36 Town Cabroilet

Started by Doug 16070, March 31, 2005, 06:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug 16070

Came across a 36 Town Cabroilet in a shop in Muncie. The owner claims its one of thirteen made. Its a Limo with open cockpit, divider window, the whole bit. V-12 engine, nice old car. Can anyone verify this guys claim? Thanks

Yann Saunders, #12588

There are no production figures for individual body styles prior to 1938 [at least not without checking ALL production records in the factory archives)

Therefore I would dispute the quoted figures.  On the other hand, I would guess that the number quoted is actually pretty close to reality !

Doug 16070

Yann,
    I appreciate your reply to my message about 36 Caddy. I also leaned towards disputing the prod. #s just being 13. I have the Std. Catalog of Caddys but found no prod. #s on that year. Guess I was fortunate to see that rare of a Caddy. Have a great day.
   Doug

Doug Houston

If the car is a factory (Fleetwood) body, and the car is a V12, the body style would probably be: 36-8553 or possibly 36-8053. But as Yann says, youd need to look in the archives (fat chance of that!)

The Hendry book says that 250 series 80 and 651 series 85 (V12 cars) were built. In any year, the town cars were very few in the production figures. That would be a nice car to have.