News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

the 1933 Cadillac 16

Started by john 16 (clc member), March 13, 2005, 10:12:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

john 16 (clc member)

I was following with interest the string of posts on the 1933 Cadillac V16 started by jeff M.  It appears from reading the information available that the car is a limo that had the driver compartment altered (doors cut and roof changed) at some point in time.  A car that in my opinion would take a lot of work and some $$ to restore , but could be returned to its original body style.

I was hoping that the owner of the car would enter into the forum and provide information about his knowledge of the history of this car.  The 33 16s are fairly rare (125 produced) and so are parts for them.  I would like to learn more about the car and if someone (perhaps Jeff M) could put me in touch with the owner I would like to talk with him.  Look forward to hearing more about this car.  A true fan of the 12 and 16 cylinder cars of the classic era.

Robt.Vonheck -via SunDiego Calif.

John:  -the car Jeff Maltby our crack Field/Investigative-man talked about is apparently a well done oem-like conversion from mundane sedan into interesting Towncar, so why mess with a good thing of potentially greater value than the sedan/Limo. -iteration!  If it had been some sort of a hack-job then restoration into an ordinary sedan would perhaps have merit;  --apparently the present owner knows that what they have is a real SpecialInterest-classic just the way it is...   ~Bob vH

Jeff Maltby #4194

Hi John. I passed on this message to the owners son John of the V16. I have a 6 pictures of the car in close detail of the roof/door area-dash-front & rear end-"door jamb" with vintage Cadillac placque and oil lube sticker from Deleware etc, that John recently snapped. It is a large file, but would be happy to send to "anyone if they have dsl or wouldnt complain if it clogged up their dialup connection. I also have my own personal pics that I snapped a few weekends ago that have been reduced in size.

Email me >Direct< for choice of Pictures.

1. Large file Johns pics
2. Small file Jeffs pics

Jeff Maltby #4196

I reduced Johns picture file from 6000kb to 1440kb last night and is good to go for those of you on dialup.

Email me direct and enjoy.

Jeff 49 coupe

Yann Saunders, CLC #12588

Jeff,  did you get the numbers off the body tag ?
Right now Im traveling in Australasia, so no use sending me pictures as have nowhere to "store" them.  Thanks.

larry wolfe - clc member

Im interested in seeing the pics.Id also like to have the owners contact info.

Thanks,
Larry