News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1934 Lower grill question

Started by John, March 14, 2005, 06:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Help, Can someone please answer a question? I am restoring a 1934 series 10 Town Sedan. The lower grill is missing. I have seen two types on cars. The first looks like the vaines of the grill,and is chrome. The second is smooth sheet metal, painted the color of the body, with a chrome or stainless trim on the edges. Once I can find out this info, I am in need of locating one. Please help.
John

626-578-1945

John

Someone must know the answer to my question.

George

Barry Wheeler #2189

John, I dont know if you are a member or not, but one of the greatest benefits of being in the CLC is to have the Directory. You can generally contact a complete stranger by phone that has a car like yours, and very, very few will not try to help in every way they can. Especially when you have such a rare car. As you have found, trying to get your question answered on this message board is hard to do, when you consider that owning a computer is something many older people dont care to mess with. And, an older person is more likely to have restored or own a 1934 car. (Only a relative few of our members ever check the message board.)
The $35 bucks membership fee will pay for itself many, many times over in your quest for parts alone. (You will also find that parts are generally much cheaper among friends that you make rather than persons making their living by selling such.)

Wayne Womble

older person is more likely to have restored or own a 1934 car.

I resemble that remark.

Barry Wheeler #2189

Unfortunately, so do I? My mind doesnt think old, but the body sure does.

JIM CLC # 15000

03-19-05
John, I can only give you some insite as to what I would do, and that is:
Start looking for the lower grill and which ever one you find first, install it and no one will ever be the wiser about if it is the wrong one or not.
Good Luck, happy huntn, Jim

vern swenson

A bit late with this reply.   There is a casting company in ElPaso which duplicates the originl 34.  Not cheap, maybe $1500?

Vern