News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

CLC Online Store is now open for business

Started by Jeff Hansen, #4225, March 14, 2005, 10:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Hansen, #4225

Hello all,

The Cadillac-LaSalle Clubs online store opened for business this evening.  All CLC logo merchandise that is advertised in The Self-Starter is available online and can be purchased with a credit card through our secure facility.

The shortcut to get there is http://store.cadillaclasalleclub.org TARGET=_blank>http://store.cadillaclasalleclub.org  This will redirect you to the real address (still in our domain) which doesnt look pretty and is about a zillion characters long.

Thanks,
Jeff

Robt.Vonheck -via SunDiego Calif.

Hello Dear Jeff H.:    -works very nicely, and really super-handsome quality offerings which should do quite well;  --however, although i understand its basis, nevertheless question the use of "Founded 1958" in as much as owners of older Cadillacs would doubtlessly much rather it more interestingly refer to the first-year of production-- "Since 1904" -or thereabouts...  Just feel youd sell a lot more with the older date of reference-- No?   Any comments by others....???  ~Bob vH  

densie

Wouldnt that imply that the club was founded in 1904?

-densie

Bill Edmunds #5484

All the merchandise offered contains the Club logo which, like those of many other organizations, incorporates our founding date.  The insignia has evolved over time and its background is discussed in Tim Pawls article in the February 2005 issue of The Self-Starter.

John Tozer #7946

Jeff,

Well done for going on line with this merchandise. It makes it very easy for we international members to procure the gear.

Do you know if there is any proposal for the Heritage Centre to go "on line" so that we can purchase buid sheet information more easily? It is an expensive and proper pain in the shorts to have to buy US currency bank drafts etc. to procure this information at the moment (a US$50 bank draft costs Aus$ 20).

If they wont, can the Club consider setting itself up as the middle man so that we could buy this information through the Club on line, perhaps even for a small additional fee.

Regards,

JOHN TOZER

Jeff Hansen, #4255

John,

The GM Heritage Center, a subsidiary of General Motors, is not affiliated with the CLC in any way, so I have no idea what their future plans may hold.

You would have to contact GM to pursue the idea.

Jeff

John Tozer #7946

Jeff,

I realise that the Club has no connection with the GM Heritage Centre - I just wondered if the CLC on-line shop might like to offer the build sheet service as another one of its products. The on-line shop would simply treat the Heritage Centre as another supplier and on-sell the build sheets to far away members like me with a mark up.... say $55 per build sheet. It would certainly take a lot of the hassle out of getting bank drafts and provide the Club with a source of funds.

Regards,

JOHN TOZER

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

To all concerned,

John has a very valid point there.

The cost of actually getting a Money Order, Bank Cheque, or other form of US Currancy by us aliens is not a cheap matter.

Then there is the time taken to post it, plus the cost of postage, and the simple cost of US$50, gets closer to $100.00 all the time.

That is the reason why I havent bothered to get the information for my car.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV