News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1931 upholstery

Started by lewis cox1, March 20, 2005, 10:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lewis cox1

Can anyone tell me where I can find what kind of upholstery material was available for a 1931 355a coupe and if there are kits available?

Paul Ayres #5640

Lewis - There are no kits avaialable that I know of.  Most of the 31 Cadillac closed cars had Bedford wool cloth interiors in shades of tan or gray.  Correct materials are avaialable from Jenkins and other suppliers of aupholstery materials.  Paul Ayres

John Tozer #7946

Email Elizabeth at Le Baron Bonney/Hampton Coach. They wont have kits but they do have a large range of cloth and trim: wendie.plourde@verizon.net

Good Luck,

JOHN TOZER

lewis cox1

lewis cox1

Thanks Paul. That will help.

Wayne Womble

My 31 7-pass sedan had Mohair. It may also be available at Labarron Bonney or maybe SMS.

lewis cox1

Thanks. I think I may have found some of the old material undre the seat. It appears to have been vinyl or leather. Who is SMS?

lewis cox1

MARK HEWITT 20209

THE MAN FOR YOU IS BILL HIRSCH IN NEW JERSEY. HE HAS AN AMAZING RANGE OF AUTHENTIC FABRIC AND ALL ELSE. HE KNOWS THESE ERA CARS LIKE FEW OTHERS. (800) 828-2061.

Keith McGowan

I have done upholstery on collector cars for the last 20 years. Bill Hirsch has excellent wool broadcloths available that are 100percent wool. His mohairs are also 100percent wool. I have a source for mohair that is made from the angora wool. It is much nicer (and more expensive) than the standard wool mohairs.
I have just bought a 1931 Cadillac 355 Town Sedan that needs final assembly, wiring, and interior. If Cadillac used mohair in the 1931s I would like to use the angora mohair in it.  Keith