News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Why we are here

Started by Jeff Hansen, #4225, April 08, 2005, 12:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Hansen, #4225

All,

Please keep in mind the purpose of the Cadillac-LaSalle Clubs Message Forum is to further the goals of our Club, which are:

to develop, publish and exchange information pertaining to Cadillacs and LaSalles,

to encourage the maintenance, preservation and restoration of Cadillacs and LaSalles,

to promote social fellowship among Club members.

There are also basic rules for posting which are listed on the front page of this Forum and on the page where posts are created.

Regrettably, some recent postings have not adhered to the Clubs purpose or the posting rules and have been deleted.

Porter 21919

Jeff,

I am in complete agreement with your statement. Off topic subjects can create interesting debates but disinformation is hard for some of us to refrain from commenting upon.

The globalization of auto manufacturing has created some real tough obstacles for GM and Cadillac to overcome, when all is said and done they must rest on their laurels, building a competitive better product than the competition. Our chosen marquee needs our support, we have been faithful and patient for decades, we have no complaints with the quality of our older Cadillacs, matter of fact we prefer them to the newer ones in many respects.

Many thanks for your diligent efforts running the forums. You are the boss and you run the show as you see fit.

Porter

Andrew 10642

Jeff,

Thanks for enforcing the rules.  Its hard enough for everyone to agree on Cadillac-related issues, so why-the-world-and-the people-in-it-are-or-are-not-screwed-up is beyond the scope of this forum.

George

Every morning I wake up and think "why are we here".
Lets talk about religion, thatll really get going.

JIM CLC # 15000

04-10-05
George, I can only come up with three reasons, one has to do with old Cadillacs and La Salles.
Good Luck, Jim

Randall A. McGrew CLC# 17963

Thanks, Jeff.  I may add to some of these off-topic but I am glad to see you reigning in the more opinionated and volitile comments.  

One of my deepest concerns as an admin and writer is censorship.
I know private forums have the right and duty to police their forums.  I also understand the slippery slope upon which censoring can place one.  

You have my full support as a member of the Cadillac LaSalle Club of America, and the Rocky Mountain Region.

Thank you for your good work.

Randall