News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Cadillacs are cool agian. Yahoo news article

Started by Eric Maypother CLC #15104, March 22, 2005, 10:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denise McCracken 20352

> Rapper Snoop Dogg has talked about launching his own line of $80,000 "Snoop DeVilles," featuring mink-covered seats, TV sets and DVD players.

I cant wait.  Do they come with pimp tires and curb feelers?

-densie

George

Strange how the suggestion about "cool" is new. Elvis sang about and drove Cadillacs in the 50s. Nobody was ever as "cool" as Elvis. The "pink" Cadillac is a culture as old as the hills and certainly doesnt come from the modern film or pop music icon.  Ever since I can remember ( and thats a long time ) a Cadillac was the "coolest thing on 4 wheels. Mustangs came Corvettes came Chargers, Road Runners and GTOs, but lets be honest the Cadillac was always here. Count the Cadillac songs. Whoa!!

Kevin Bielinski

You wouldnt catch me in an Escalade. I see slade and I think "trouble".

David #19063

On page 3 it states:

Power (manufacturers claim)..........398 bhp @ 6400 rpm

Torque (manufacturers claim)..........362 lb-ft @ 5300 rpm

Standing 1/4-mile..........15.1 sec @ 94 mph

Id get my money back if I was Tim...my wifes 96 300 hp Concours will run 15.1 sec 1/4 mile stock.

Heck, my stock 315 hp (gross) 1971 Buick Electra with an open 2.78 rear runs a 15.2 sec 1/4 mile at 91.5 mph.

If his truely has 398 hp it ought to run in the mid to upper 13s in the 1/4 mile.

And this quote on page 3:

*A transmission fault precluded a top-speed run.

Pretty sad when a brand new car has trouble.

David

Porter 21919

That is an old car from 2001.

Better than the stupid "Snoop Deville", with silly upholstery and a TV.