News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

2005 Grand National Judging Seminar

Started by Paul Ayres #5640, March 23, 2005, 12:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Ayres #5640

In advance of the 2005 Grand National, a Judging Seminar will be held from 10:00 to 3:00 on April 16 at Betts Cadillac, 2121 NW 100th St., Des Moines, Iowa, 50325.  If you would like to learn about CLC judging procedures, brush up on the judging regulations, or just want to know what the judges will be looking at on your car when it is judged at the Grand National, you are invited to attend this seminar. I will be conducting the seminar along with Al Edmond, the 2005 GN Area head Judge.  Info on the seminar and available hotels in Des Moines can be obtained from Jim Pittman, 2005 GN Chairman at (866) 276-2727 or (515) 278-5018.  Please let Jim or me know if you plan to attend.  Paul Ayres

Barry Wheeler #2189

Paul conducted a similar seminar for our region last year, and all who attended got a lot out of it. Paul, thanks so much for the extra work and time you spend in doing this for the good of the Club.

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

I agree. The 2002 GN/Dearborn was the first time I had ever been a judge.  Paul conducted the breakfast seminar and I left with enough confidence to judge accurately and fairly. He also paired each new guy with an experienced judge so that any questions that came up could probably be answered at the judging site and, if not, Paul and his team were available for consultation. Moral of the story: if you havent been a judge...you can do it and its fun.