News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

GMs 1959 Motorama

Started by Brian Laurance, April 05, 2005, 01:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian Laurance

I have been seeking photos of General Motors 1959 Motorama, but have so far been unsuccessful.  Ive seen a couple of tiny photos online, and photos of the Firebird are readily available.  Specifically, Im looking for clear, detailed photos (in digital format or otherwise) of the new cars displayed on the huge "grasshopper" arms, as well as each of the passenger car division displays.

Can anyone direct me to some resources that might be able to help?

Charles D. Barnette #1465

A good place to start is to look at our data base under the Glossary section and under the word Motorama. There are a few 1959 pictures there. Plus remember there were only two 59 shows - one in New York and one in Boston. Both were in late 58. The Motoramas were winding down in size by then. Only one concept car was shown and that was the Firebird III.

Yann Saunders, #12588

Such photos are hard to find.  A friend of mine (who I am trying to convince to take over management of the Cadillac Database) was able to acquire some color slides from that show and might be willing to share with CLC members. Jean-Michel, is his name; he is a CLC member residing in Bangkok and may be contacted at:

roux@bangkok.golay.com.

This guy has EVERY possible document relating to the 59 Cadillac that anyone could ever dream of !

Brian Laurance

Thank you both for your replies.  I will follow up on both of your suggestions.