News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1947 Cadillac Series 61 4 door

Started by Joe, April 04, 2005, 09:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Does anyone know where I can get a photo of a 1947 Series 61 4 door?  I assume these were the fastback style.  Anyone venture a guess as to the value of a condition 3/4, stored inside for 11 years, ran in 1994, Hydromatic, gas tank needs replacement or cleanout?
Thanks - Joe, AACA, BCA

Rusty Shepherd CLC 6397

If you go to gmphotostore.com, click on Cadillac, then Series 61, there is a brochure artist rendering of a 1946 61 Sedan (and youre right, it is the fastback style, the 62 being notchback/more formal in the rear roofline). If you can find a copy of Walter M. P. McCalls excellent "70 Years of Cadillac and La Salle", it has photos or artist renderings of virtually every Cadillac and La Salle model, by model year through 72 or 73. The only differences in the 46 and 47 (and not visible in the sketch)are the styling of the Cadillac name on the fenders (block letters in 46, script in 47)and in the full wheel covers (an option)..the 46s are rather nondescript, generic wheel covers, while the 47s introduced the distinctive sombrero type; hub cabs would be identical. 46s are much rarer than 47s and especially for the 61 series as the first several months of 1946 Cadillac production was entirely made up of series 62 sedans. Ill make a guess on the car youre looking at: maybe $4,000-$5,000 in 3/4 condition as you described it. I just checked the NADA value and they give approx. $6,500 as low retail and the condition description for that would probably fall in the 2/3 area.

Joe

Thanks for the information.  I plan to look at this car later in the week.
Joe