News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Info: Inner Front Axle Seals-37 Fltwd

Started by Joseph P. McCormick, CXLC 14142, April 13, 2005, 09:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joseph P. McCormick, CXLC 14142

Hello, I need to replace the inner front axle seals, left and right wheels, on a 37 Caddy Fleetwood 75 series.  The old ones appear to be felt, but old, hard and leaking.  NAPA said that they do not have a listing for this part. I think the seals come in contact with the outer part of the inner wheel bearing which has the following part number of it: 909528.  Any help on where I could obtain these seals would be greatly appreciated.  Joe

Harry Scott (4195)

I replaced the seals on my 37 with the modern type, but cant find the number. If you give the old seal number and the measuremnts to Motion Industries, they are nationwide, (our local office # is 703-719-6803) they can match them up. Also, Olcar Bearings (advertises in Hemmings) probably has them. Good Luck

Joseph P. McCormick, CLC14142

Hello Harry Scott,
Thank you for your respond.  I emailed the Olson Gasket Company to see if they could supply the parts.  I was impressed with their website, as they offered felt gaskets.  Thanks again.  Joe