News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1955 cadillac twin carb setup

Started by anthony, April 16, 2005, 12:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthony

i am about to put the factory option twin 4 barral carb setup on my 55 cadillac. i have all original linkages including the twin carb transmission kick down rod.are the valves different in the head between normal single 4 barrel and twin four barrel carbs? any ideas? thaNKING YOU
ANTHONY

Roger A. Zimmermann # 21015

Hi Anthony!
The basic engine is the same. The changes are limited to the intake manifold, carbs, air cleaner, the rods to transmission and gas pedal and the vacuum tubes. There are also some changes in the automatic transmision, too numerus to list here.
The dual set-up is looking good, but have some negative aspects: I have a 56 de ville with one carb, no problem, no vapor lock and almost economical fuel consumption. I have also a 56 biarritz with dual carbs. It does plenty of vapor lock when outside temperature is just warm and uses fuel like mad.
Try your set-up and let me know!
Roger
Switzerland

ANTHONY

thank you once again roger. sounds like i have everything i need. do you find much difference in performace?

Roger A. Zimmermann # 21015

There is a difference at low speed between the Biarritz and the de Ville. It could come from the transmission but certainly from the rear axle ratio which is shorter (numerically higher) on the Biarritz. At higher speed, its about the same.
Anyway, performance is very relative with such heavy vehicles.

Good luck!

Roger

Jason L

The diff centre for the Eldorado is the same as the limo, different from all other model Cadillacs. Not many changes to the motor mainly set up to  run different, you can see on the manual the changes needed for the motor.
If you need the info on that email me and i will send you the info...
Jason....................

anthony

hello rodger
twin setup is now installed. soemtimes there is a flat spot down low. when you acceleratare away from the traffic lights it sometimes bogs down. any ideas?
regards
anthony.
p.s it does perform much better with the twin carbs!

anthony