News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Help with 1966 Fleetwood Brougham

Started by Pat, April 16, 2005, 08:16:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

What is the value of a 1966 Fleetwood Brougham, original owner, 48K, I would like to make an offer, but I’m not familiar with model.  Does not have many options, I was always under the impression everything was standard on a Fleetwood Brougham

All original including spare, floor mats and paint? Options include 1) A/C, six-way bench seat, cloth interior with leather appointments, power windows including FOUR power vent windows, AM radio with power antenna, rear seat belts, foot rests, air line food trays.  Real wood door trim in immaculate condition. Ashtray and lighters never used.

Please help decipher body tag.

Body Tag Info
ST 66-68169   FWD
TR 020  26-62 Paint
EY K

Rob Gerace #16100

Well, it does sound like a stripped down model, for a Brougham anyway.  All the things you list, with the exeption of the A/C and six-way seat were standard on a Fleetwood Brougham back then.  Even my 66 Sedan deVille has several options more than what you have listed.  Back then, even the highest priced model didnt even come close to having everything standard.  

Anyway, as far as the body tag goes.  I can tell you what some of it means.  

66-68169  means 66 model year and the 68169 is the series, in this case, a Fleetwood Brougham.

the FWD should have a number after it.  This is the body number.  So, if the number was say 9839, it would mean that it was the 9,839th Fleetwood Brougham made that year.  

TR 020 is the trim code, meaning which color/material was used on the interior.  

Paint  26-62 is the exterior color code.  The first number being the paint color code, and the second being the vinyl top color code.  26 is the code for Nocturne Blue.  Im not sure of the vinyl top code.  Someone else will have to answer that one.

EYK are the options.  In your case, I think E is for E-Z eye tinted glass.  The Y and K, I would guess, are for the A/C and six-way seat, but Im not for sure on that one.  

As far as a value, thats always a highly debatable subject.  Its pretty much a mix of what the seller wants, and what the buyer is willing to pay.  I would check eBay and Hemmings Motor News, and any other place where similar cars are sold, and watch the prices there to get a rough ballpark value for the car.  Its pretty much anyones call as far as price goes.  

I hope that helps you out at least a little bit.  

Rob
66 SDV

paul bozzini

Pat: I own one with 15k original miles. totally original in excellent condition, but not well optioned. I would guess this car you are looking at may be worth between $ 6 and $ 8K. A lot depends on condition of the paint. Remember a good paint job is worth at least $ 5k on a car this size.  Paul