News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1958 cadillac prototype

Started by Torstein WIIK, April 17, 2005, 03:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torstein WIIK

We have here in Norway a Cadillac concept car buildt in 1958, which we belive toured on gm motorama 1959-1962. And titled and driven on Penna.1963. This car is an 2 passenger sportscar, all fiberglass body. The frame shortened 25 and narrowed 8 the engine are bored to 450 cid.
Please if anyone have any knowledge or information about this vehicle lets hear from you.    Torstein.....

Tim Pawl CLC#4383

Do you have any pictures. Any other information such as color combination, type of wheels etc.

Yann Saunders, CLC#12588

It was probably built for the 1959 Motorama, like that 1959 convertible with the 1960 body that was for sale on eBay last month !

Joking apart, I sure would like to get the VIN, all the numbers and codes on the body tag (the manufacturers ID plate) and to see some close-up photos of the car, both inside and out.

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Cmon Yann,

I thought I was the joker around here?   But, then, I aint Blonde though.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Torstein WIIK

Hi Yann,
I belive the car was street driven and registered in PA. USA from 1963, titled as special construction vehicle, VIN # SF6401PA.The 1958 frame is shortened 25 and narrowed 8, the 365 is bored to 450 cid, roller rockers + 3/4 cam 4 bbl. quadrajet. The car was originally white.
The car is now peeled to pieces, but Ill send you some old pics that shows how it was back than. And yes its an all fiberglass body.     Torstein

Torstein WIIK

Hi Bruce, Well I dont know what to belive, but the car is for real, but I dont know what it is. Lets hope someone finds out. By the way Im Norwegian and Im F..... blonde, that is rater common over here you know.        Torstein