News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

96 sts brake lights

Started by harvey bowness, April 17, 2005, 06:07:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harvey bowness

my 96 sts brake lights keep coming on when the car is parked and no one is in it?,couldit be a faulty brake lite switch? also my heater fan does not work,on the climate control panel the little bars move when it is turned up,but the fan does not come on,my a/c is empty of r-134,we did a motor swap and had to remove the gas for that.checked the fuses and cant find one that is blown?. the brake lites when you step on the pedal the right inner tail lamp goes out when the brake lites .any help would be appreciated. thanks Harvey

George

If a light comes on, it is getting power from somewhere. The switch is the favourite. Remove the live from the switch and see if the light still comes on, if it doesnt, hey presto.
If the light at the back do tricks, clean all the ground connections. When you see a car indicators light up with the brake lights, or side lights flash when the turn signals are engaged. The problem is usually a ground fault at one of the lights.