News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

55 cad rear main seal replacement

Started by anthony, April 18, 2005, 03:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthony

i am planning to replace the rear main seal on the engine. as it leaks oil. does anyone know if there is a better option than just repalcing it with another roap seal.? thank you
anthony

G.Lucas

Anthony, I have read that the chrysler 318 rear seal fits and is easier to install.It was posted on this site a while back.Good luck.George.

anthony

thank you       i will do a search

Frank

I was the one who posted the info re: the chrysler replacement.  Let me have your phone number, Ill be happy to call you and discuss.

Frank

anthony

thanks frank. i would be happy to give you my phone number but ii am in australia. might cost you a bit. here is my email daf@webone.com.au          please feel free to email me. i am getting some work done on the car next week and am getting  the rear main seal done, i thought there might be a better solution than the rope type.