News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

gas prices

Started by Rhino 21150, April 18, 2005, 07:11:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhino 21150

http://www.gasbuddy.com/ TARGET=_blank>http://www.gasbuddy.com/
If any of my buddys need this website, its Cadillac owners!
http://greensborogasprices.com/ TARGET=_blank>http://greensborogasprices.com/ Read how little I am paying here on the buckle of the bible belt. WWJD? Lower fuel prices!

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Well, here in Tasmania, we are paying US$3.33 per US Gallon of basic unleaded petrol.   AU$1.14 per Litre.

And, US$3.51 per US Gallon for Premium Unleaded.  AU$1.20 per Litre.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

P.S.   But, being an island, we cant go too far before we fall into the water and drown, so we dont use that much petrol to go most places.

densie 20352

Probably all he could to lower gas prices, yes.  He would be driving a maxivan to haul the disciples around, and an unemployed carpenter didnt live as well back then as they do now.

-densie

Yann Saunders, CLC °#12588

Whats all this hype about gasoline prices ?

Do like me.  Only put in $10 at a time.

(signed:  my favorite dumb blonde !)

Marilyn

Dont ever forget that there is no gender differentation for being blond.  Blond is a state of mind or lack thereof.  

George

The greyer I get the more I notice the difference.

densie

Its a wonderful thing, though...if only we could bottle it.

-densie

Dave Greenburg (3830)

Here in Northern Calif., I have seen regular for $3.05 and premium for $3.25 this week (although these are the high end; if you know where to go, its .50 less).  Fortunately I have not had to fill up the Caddy since the latest run-up in prices.

Dave G.
59 Fleetwood 60S

Randall McGrew CLC # 17963

Nice website...thank you for sharing.  I looked up the local stations here in Longmont and found I am spending a little more than the lowest price.  I am a little leary of going to the ultra cheap places but on the whole I soend $2.31 for 87 grade.  I should use the premium.  The difference is not that great but its hard.
Another issue is that many station allow only $50 total per sale.  Well......I can surpass that on the Eldo.  

It is just another thing we have to deal with in life.  It means being careful how much one drives on a fixed income. :)

Michael Stamps 19507

Ive run into the $50 limit on my work truck at several stations.  It is how they set up their credit card sales.  Ive refused to go back to those stations and make sure I let them know that I wont be going back.  We have 30 gal tanks so we always go over $50 and time is money at work.

Stampie

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

What is the idea of a $50.00 limit?

Are they trying to now limit the use of gas guzzling vehicles by not letting them fully fuel up?

I hope they get it sorted out by 2008, or I will be having something to say in person.

Bruce,
The tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Michael Stamps 19507

Ive never gotten a good responce about the limit but my theory is some bean counter decided that was a good limit to avoid credit card theif.

Stampie

Ed Mobley

Yup...weve got the same $50 limit here in CA.  But not every place has it.

Ed

JIM CLC # 15000

04-23-05
All, I dont think that "truck-stops" have the $50.00 limit.
Good Luck, Jim

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

I should hope not.

Maybe they will allow Cadillacs into Truck Stops.

Some trucks use Petrol.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV.

JIM CLC # 15000

04-23-05
Bruce, yes, they allow anything to drive into truck stops.
While IM on the road, that is just about the only place I stop for gas.
It is usually a few cents lower at these places.
T/A and Petro come to mine, and there are several others. You will see their "billboard" ads on the highway prior to the exits.
Good Luck, Jim

Brian Daum, 18809

Here it comes folks!

Presenting the Worlds Most Expensive Gasoline:

$ 7.30 pr gallon

(Converted to USD and gallons)

Yesterday I put $ 142,- in the tank of a 1974 Cadillac Coupe DeVille!

Using the "dumb blond" method would get me about 3 feet!

Brian

Norway
Worlds second largest oil producer????

George

What happened to the blondes. Much more interesting than gas prices.

Rhino 21150

I was just sitting here reading how much it takes to fill a Caddy. I thought back to the Chevy C-60 22 ft. truck I once owned. It held 233 gallons of gasoline. At the best price in Greensboro today that would be $496.29. My credit card could handle it but I doubt my heart could! At seven dollars a gallon?
$1631!
BTW, the truck originally came with a THIRTEEN gallon tank. At 6mpg. It would go seventy miles before a refill. I liked filling every fourteen hundred miles. The other two hundred twenty gallons were in four fifty five gallon drums under the frame.

Believe it or not this truck was powered by a 235 inch straight six, 2bbl, four speed trans with a separate high-low shifter. 33,000 pounds GVW. Reverse low would hit .75 mph and it once dragged a Lincoln town car off a beach, half buried under sand before we started pulling. Made a mess of the paint!

Ed Dougher

Youre lucky, you still have hair!  Remember, however, that no one gets out of here alive!