News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cadillac Day

Started by Kevin Parkinson 20216, April 19, 2005, 10:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin Parkinson 20216

Saturday May 15, 2005 is Cadillac Day at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum in Brookline, MA.  Sponsored by the Cadillac-LaSalle Club.  The website doesnt say mych about it except that there is a $5 registration per vehicle.  
For directions see thye website:
http://www.mot.org/index_flash.html TARGET=_blank>http://www.mot.org/index_flash.html

Eric Maypother CLC #15104

Hi all,
Thats on a Sunday. Its always a great show, Ive only missed the show twice in the last 12 years, lots of Cadillacs of different years, lots of great people thier plus the cars inside the museum change all the time to. Definatly worth the trip out thier.
Eric :)

Kevin Parkinson 20216

Thanks for the correction.  I am looking forward to the show.  This will be my first May in Massachusetts.  It seems like I remember reading that it was raining that day last year.

John Binder, CLC#16715

YES! last year it did rain.....

and we still got 67 Beautiful Old Cads
(and one new CTS out in the rain)

This is a fantastic show DO NOT Miss it if
you are any where in New England Area

Watch closely for signs and directions
as their drive way entrance is some times obscured.

Great Displays inside the musuem as well,
Archtecturaly in fact for a "Carriage House"
it could put a few Churches to Shame !

See you there bringing our 57 Eldo Seville
just back from a thirty two year nap in a Vermont garage!

Eric Maypother CLC #15104

Hey Everybody, bringing post back up top,
DO not forget Cadillac Day today, Im on my way soon,
Eric :)

Kevin Parkinson 20216

It was a great show.  There were a couple sprinkles but not even enough make the convertible tops go up.  Id say there were somewhere between 60 and 70 Cadillacs there ranging from 1906 to brand new.

Lynn Conway CLC #21641

This year was my first visit to this show.  Nice turn out, and very nice setting !

There were some truly beautiful cars there.  I was especially happy to see 1957 represented, its nice to compare notes with other owners.

Lynn

Dave Smith

Hi Lynn,

Yes, it was a good show!   The museum is real interesting too.   My 75 Eldorado convertible was in the shop so I couldnt bring it.   So I drove up in my 5Th Ave instead.  The young girl at the gate thought it was a Cadillac and pointed me towards the field.   I bowed my head and told her it wasnt a Cad and will have to be parked up by the museum.  She apologized profusly at her mistake.  I told her it was a compliment to suggest it was a Cadillac and not to worry!  He he he.    

I did wish I had brought a jacket or sweater as I forgot how chilly it can get near the bay.    Back in Hartford it was 70 and humid.

I was surprised to see no less than four 1976 Eldorado convertibles there and not one 1975.   My Bombay Yellow 75 would have fit in nicely with them.   For the record there was a Calumet Creme one, a Phoenician Ivory one, a Firethorn Red one and an Emerald green one there.   The green one had white leather seats with contrasting dark green piping on them.   Other than the Bicentenial models I had not seen another 75/76 with contrasting piping except for my own of course.  :)

DavidinHartford