News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1969 deville convertible

Started by Warren Wortman, April 24, 2005, 11:06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren Wortman

I just purchased a 1969 Deville convertible. Looks good and runs great.
The top goes down great, but comes up slow and with a little arm power.
Do I need more fluid and if so what do I use.
I have just joined CLC. We are looking foward to the Meet in Des Moines this summer We are from Cedar Rapids Iowa
Warren Wortman
Membership # 22074

Lou 19058

Welcome to the CLC & congratulations on your new ride! If you are low on fluid you would have to assume that there is a fluid leak.If this is the case you will have a puddle of fluid somewhere under your rear seat or in the wheel wells.The fluid is tranny fluid(in most cases).Either way you will need to remove your rear seat and rear panels to take a look around.If there is no leaks then you probably have a tired pump.

Regards,Lou
1970 DVC      

JIM CLC # 15000

04-24-05
Warren, Welcome to the CLC.
I know nothing about convertibles, but I do admire your problem.
I thank over time you will, like me, come to relise that the money spent to join the CLC is the best buy of a lifetime.
Again, Welcome abord!
Hope you get your problem fixed soon and it is only low on fluid.
Good Luck, Jim

Lynn 10923

You might also grease the top hinge joints. Ive used chassis grease on mine. Poke it in with a small brush as best as you can, wipe off the excess, and let it work its way in with use of the top. After a few days you will begin to notice the top goes up and down faster with every cycle of it.

Lynn

Art 22010

Am looking at a 68 eldo. Would you mind telling what you had to pay for a 69. How many miles were on it. It might help me. Thanks.  I would understand if you do not wish to.  Art

Warren Wortman 22074

Art
My 1969 deville was purchased in St Pete Fl It has 165,000 miles. It is a solid car, runs good and looks good, not a show car (a 10 footer, looks good from 10 ft) We paid $7,000 WE are enjoying and waiting for warm weather
Warren Wortman 22074

Art#22010

Thanks Warren. Im looking at a 68 Eldo, 103000, beautiful, 10 footer also and I think I can get for 5000.  I also have a restored 49 series 62 and a 92SDV. Thanks for the info. Art