News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1932 Cadillac v-8 w/v-12 body?

Started by Marc A. Thurston, April 28, 2005, 11:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc A. Thurston

I just obtained a 1932 Cadillac with a v-8 engine (1202129) and a Fleetwood body style (32-8-212).  Body 35.  The gentleman who I purchased this from said that it was one of 77 v-8s originally built with a v-12 body style.  Does this correspond to the indentification numbers?  Any other insights would be appreciated.
Thanks

Johan Boltendal 158

Congratulations with your fine car,join the Club , if you havent already.In 1932 Cadillac offered identical Fleetwood bodies on V-8, V-12 and V-16. The same goes for the Fisher bodies.You can interchange bodies, from one engine to another.
Fleetwood made the 209,212,213,222,225,226 and 227 body for all
engines.I do not know of a special run or have any documentation on this issue.
You might want to Authenticate your car, go to the Home page and find the instruction there, it certainly will be very interesting to see what comes up. Have fun with the Cadillac

Marc A Thurston

Thanks.  I joined the club on Wednesday and I look forward to being a good club member.  This morning I am sending the authentication paperwork to General Motors.  I am very exceited to see what they provide.

JIM CLC # 15000

04-29-05
Marc, Welcome to the CLC.
After a short while,you will sware (sic?) that is the best buy you have ever made.
Again, welcome to the club.
Good Luck, Jim

Tim Pawl CLC#4383

Your body style 32-8-212   would indicate it is a V8 body the significance of the -8- in the code.  You can check the body by unscrewing the door sill top moldings or the rear modlings all bodies had their number codes stamped in the underside of these moldings.  You can also pull up floor covering on passenger side floor by base of front seat and body number should be in floor if original.  A V12 body would have had a code 32-12-xxx, likewise a V16   32-16-xx.  

Marc A Thurston

Tim - I took the number off of the plate inside the engine compartment on the right side firewall.  Would there be more than 1 number plate?
Marc

Tim Pawl CLC#4383

Marc,
   I have seen phoney body plates to match fabricated cars. By checking under the top door sill moldings and body moldings you can verify the body number.  It is not a second plate, but rather a way of verifying the body as each piece was stamped for that body.
Tim Pawl