News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Low-carb options at the Grand National?

Started by Ed Dougher, April 29, 2005, 09:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Dougher

Kind of a strange question, but does anyone know what the low-carb options might be at the Grand National?  After being diagnosed with type-II diabetes last year, my wife and I decided to adopt a low-carb Atkins lifestyle, combined with exercise, instead of taking the medication route.  Since last April, Ive dropped over 70 pounds, and my wife 94 pounds.  Even better, my cholesterol dropped from 228 to 168, triglycerides dropped by more than half, and my blood pressure and glucose both normalized completely without medications.  Needless to say, my nightmare is being stuck in a hotel full of refined starch and sugar!

Lou 19058

If your carburetor is too low you will lose points and probably be disqualified :)) Just kidding.You might want to ask that question here http://www.gn2005.com/contact.htm TARGET=_blank>http://www.gn2005.com/contact.htm

David #19063

Hello Ed,

Unfortunately, to eat the best, you both have/should cook it yourself.  Bet suggestion is to find a local hotel that has its own kitchen and cook yourself.  For the dinner meal, maybe you can make special arrangements with the caterer prior to dinner.  I find that people can be very accommodating with a little advance notice.

Comgratulations on your lifestyle change and the improvements you have made!

I am recovering from a heart attack this past January...it will not be my death sentence.  We hardly ever eat out now.  We know what is in our foods and can control the salt, oils, sugars, proteins, etc.

I would imagine you are both excersizing as well?

David