News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Tires for 1932 Cadillac

Started by Fred Jackson, May 02, 2005, 07:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred Jackson

I need new tires for my 1932 Cadillac, Model 355B Cvt. Coupe. The specs call for 700 x 17. I drive the car 1000 miles/year. My present inclination is to go with 700 x 17s or 750 x 17s Bedford Famous Coach. I would appreciate any comment or suggestions re size and/or brand of tire. I am looking for a quiet comfortable ride.

Wayne Womble

If you have metal tire covers, the 750s will not fit. Even the modern 700s are difficult.

Fred Jackson

Hi Wayne - Thanks very much for your comment. Whatever I get, I guess I will plan on using two of my present tires (Denman 700x17)for the spares. They do fit the cover with little clearance. Thanks again.

Fred J.