News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Which 53 fuel pump is authentic?

Started by Jim Govoni CLC 20546, May 04, 2005, 01:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Govoni CLC 20546

Hi; In my ongoing saga of ordering as many as 3 fuel pumps for my 53 series 62 I need to know which one is correct? On the car, which I thought was original, is a glass top dual action. I got one of those and it wasnt in good enough shape to replace my leaking one. So I ordered another from a vendor I have gotten other parts from. He sent as pump without a glass bowl. I called and he said its correct and the one on the car was probably replaced with the wrong one long ago. So, which pump belongs on my car? Thanks, Jim

P W Allen CLC#20193

Jim,

There were two different styles for 53. The one with the Glass Bowl was used up until engine # 47039. After that,the Glass Bowl was not used.Both pumps are two stage. My engine # is 99844, so the correct pump for my car is the one without the Glass Bowl.

Paul
53 Coupe
Dynaflow

Jim Govoni

Paul, as always you saved me! The vendor in NJ is right. He sent me the right pump and the pump on my car is wrong. My engine number is 5362 53605. Thanks a million. Jim

John Washburn

But......

The one with the glass bowl is so much nicer, especially with the glass filter near the carb.

Oh Well guess someone might catch you if you used the wrong fuel pump.

Ho, ho, ho

John Washburn

CLC #1067

Jim Govoni

True John, very true. I will have the old one and rebuild it. Then I can change it out anytime. Jim