News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

wire armor

Started by Rhino 21150, May 09, 2005, 08:32:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhino 21150

Any suggestion about where to get chromed wire armor to cover the green wires going to my fog lamps? That green isnt so pretty, black wont be that big an improvement.

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Rhino,

I had a brainwave the other year, and have found that the flexible supports that one finds on bedside lights, and things like flexible stands make good wiring conduits.

Most all of them have a threaded end at each end for fastening to the item being used, and are usually chrome plated, or stainless steel.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

Rhino 21150

And the type of lamps you are talking about turn up at estate auctions every couple of weeks, usually selling for two dollars, sometimes only one!

JIM CLC # 15000

05-09-05
Rhino, I am useing a hand-held shower flex-hose on my fog lamps.
The wire-armor that came with the lamps were too short.
Good Luck, Jim

Bruce Berghoff-CLC-1476

Rhino... I found some of the most durable and inconspicuous (small diameter)highly polished stainless steel flex conduit to be that used for outdoor pay telephone handsets. If youre going to try to rip off your local gas station or mall you had better come prepared with a VERY LARGE pair of the worlds sharpest cable cutters as telephone companies usually install an aircraft quality braided cable INSIDE the conduit to foil guys with bad intentions! A neater way of solving the acquisition is to find the owner of the phone concession and strike up a deal on an already damaged handset.(Outdoor phone franchises arent very prosperous these days with all the cellphones floating around and you ought to be able to get parts cheap. I got mine for free but I about destroyed a thirty buck metal cutting band saw blade on the aircraft cable !)Bruce B.

Rhino 21150

All very good ideas! I especially like the phone idea since we have a Graybar Electric in town. They are a major supplier of phone equipment to private phone installers.