News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

70 Eldo door adjustments

Started by Stan, May 14, 2005, 11:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stan

I love my 70 Eldo and would love to be able to close those massive doors with a slight push with the sound of a click-click.
Am I dreaming?  Anyone know where I can find new door hinges?  My shop manual doesnt even mention doors, let alone how to adjust them.  Are there any instructions around that might be helpful?  Thanks, Stan

Bruce Reynolds # 18992

Gday Stan,

I wouldnt be surprised if you only need to recondition your own hinges by replacing the bushes with new ones.

Bruce,
The Tassie Devil(le),
60 CDV

George

You need a Fisher body manual for your year car. The shop manual generally doesnt mention body, etc.The Fisher manual will be available on E-Bay, even if only on a CD. Detailed hinge adjustments and repair are all in there.

Brian Daum, 18809

Hi Stan,
You never mentioned if your door hinge bushings were shot. If you can move your door up and down, most likely you bushings are worn out. These should be easily available.

Sometimes the bushings are so worn that the hingepin itself wears into the hinge, in that case you will probably need a new hinge (USAPartsSupply).

Anyway don`t expect your door to close with the nice click-click that the doors from the 50`s and 60`s do, since your window is sealing against the weatherstrip itself and needs a little pressure to be airtight. Doors from the 50`s you could just let go and they would just about close themselves!

Don`t you hate it when Mother in Laws and other idiots slam those doors!!

Brian

Stan

Yes, the doors do move up and down.  Guess Ill check out new bushings.  I found a fisher body manual.  Thanks for all your help guys ! ! !